Interested in earning your MA at the Grand Rapids campus? Representatives of the MA program will be at the Grad Fair on May 19 and 20.
Transform your workforce through the use of innovative learning technologies offered by the organizational learning and performance Master of Arts degree in the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology at Western Michigan University. This human resource development program prepares individuals to:
- Enhance employee engagement through the development of strong organizational learning cultures.
- Quickly identify performance gaps and identify effective strategies to meet organizational needs, lead transformational results, and ensure a positive return on investments in training and development.
- Support the design and implementation of large-scale organizational change through effective individual and organizational learning.
- Use learning technologies from online and in-class coursework in your workplace immediately.
Why organizational learning and performance at Western Michigan University
- All courses are designed for full-time working professionals and are offered in a hybrid format with one or two face-to-face class meetings per month with the remaining coursework completed online.
- We prepare graduates with the concepts, methods and tools that will allow them to play leadership roles in the design and delivery of efforts such as culture change, transformational leadership and talent development.
- We equip you with an enhanced understanding of adult learning, human performance and organizational effectiveness.
The Master of Arts in leadership for organizational learning and performance program provides graduate preparation for persons seeking employment in a variety of roles including:
- Human resources professionals
- Performance consultant
- Learning facilitator
- Organizational change agent
- Staff developer
Career opportunities exist in business, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit settings. This program prepares leading-edge practitioners to provide effective direction through leadership and consulting roles, to assure that organizational learning and performance functions contribute to worthwhile organizational results. Graduates will also demonstrate a commitment to supporting a climate of diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
Salaries for organizational learning and performance graduates
The learning and development profession provides for a progression in responsibility and pay from entry-level specialist to manager, director and the executive level. Salaries have remained stable through rough economic times. Demand for learning and development professionals remains strong, in part driven by the rapid pace of change in all organization types and industries. These are positive signs that contribute to a bright outlook for the field in the years to come.
If you have questions about the Master of Arts in leadership for organizational learning and performance program, please contact the program coordinator Dr. Larry Buzas.