World Languages and Literatures
Recent Accomplishments of Faculty
The department has a professionally active faculty in literature, linguistics and pedagogy. To mention but a few of the professors' more recent accomplishments,
- Dr. Molly Recchia has published a critical edition of the medieval French manuscript La Vie Seint Marcel de Lymoges.
- Dr. Peter Blickle's 2002 book, Heimat: A Critical Theory of the German Idea of Homeland, has come out in a second, paperback edition.
- Our professor of Chinese, Dr. Xiaojun Wang, has co-authored the most used introductory Chinese textbook nationally and internationally, Integrated Chinese.
- Dr. Peter Krawutschke is president of FIT, the Fedération Internationale des Traducteurs, and treasurer of ATA, the American Translators' Association.
- Dr. Vincent Desroches heads the successful Francophone Film Festival, an annual international film competition that began in 2001 and in 2007 has added a conference on film and pedagogy.
- The Arabic Linguistic Society held its annual conference here in 2006, and Mustafa Mughazy has since been elected to head the international organization.