Requirements vary somewhat from one WMU Undergraduate Catalog to the next.
No student may graduate under a catalog which is more than ten years old.
Only courses in which a grade of "C" or better is obtained will be counted toward a Japanese major or minor.
* WMU offers Teacher Certification in Russian.
* WMU is a member of The National Slavic Honor Society (DOBRO SLOVO), recognizing academic excellence in Slavic Studies (Language, Literature, Culture, History).
* WMU students may opt for a summer or semester-long Study Abroad program in St. Petersburg, Russia.
* Russian Film Series are offered throughout the academic year.
* Russian Club has a long history at WMU. It is a registered student organization which participates in two major campus functions: Russian Festival in the fall and International Festival each spring. The Russian Club publishes a Newsletter, edited by the students.
* There are Russian Language Tutorials available throughout the year.
* Russian Table gives students and faculty an opportunity to converse in Russian. For further information, contact Dr. Nisula, 413 Sprau Tower, 269-387-3005, or email@example.com.