Chinese Advising

Chinese Advising

Chinese: Advising

Enrollment and Advising

Students who wish to study Chinese for the first time should enroll in CHIN 1000 - Basic Chinese I. Those students who have exposure to the language, either through high school coursework or through other experience, should contact our Chinese advisor to determine an appropriate beginning course for their world language studies at WMU.

Students interested in majoring or minoring in Chinese should meet with our Chinese advisor early in their study career. Together the student and advisor will complete a minor slip, listing the required courses as well as the number and type of elective courses needed by the student to complete a Chinese minor.

Requirements for the minor may change with each new WMU Undergraduate Catalog. The requirements applicable to each student are usually determined by the catalog year under which that student begins his/her study at WMU. Transfer students from Michigan community colleges are often eligible to apply the WMU catalog in effect at the time they began their studies at the 2-year institution. Our Chinese advisor can help you determine which requirements apply to you.

Chinese Advisor

Xiaojun Wang




Department of World Languages and Literatures
412 Sprau Tower
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5338 USA
(269) 387-3001 | (269) 387-6333 Fax