Exploring Health IT Innovation and Cyber Security in the Digital Era
2017 ICHITA-Western Michigan IT Forum Joint Conference
Western Michigan University
Thursday, November 2
- Noon to 5 p.m.—Conference registration (Lobby)
- 1 to 1:10 p.m.—Welcome message (Kirsch Auditorium)
Sherine Obare, Vice President for Research, WMU
- 1:10 to 1:45 p.m.—Opening keynote presentation (Kirsch Auditorium)
"Adopting Infrastructural Thinking to Accelerate Digital Transformation"
Tim Pletcher, Executive Director, Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services
- 1:45 to 2:15 p.m.—Special presentations (Kirsch Auditorium)
"Michigan HIE: Local Innovation Making a Difference"
Doug Dietzman, Executive Director, Great Lakes Health Connect
- 2:20 to 3:30 p.m. Healthcare IT innovation and cyber security plenary session (Kirsch Auditorium)
- Moderator: Ash Goel, CIO, Bronson Healthcare
- Ash Goel, Bronson Healthcare: "Health Information and Cyber Security Challenges"
- Jack Kufahl, University Michigan Health: "Cyber Security"
- Mark Siddall, Borgess, and Kelley Peterson, Bronson Healthcare: "Improving Patient Care via Inter-Hospital Data Sharing"
- 3:30 to 3:45 p.m. Coffee break and networking (Lobby)
- 3:45 to 5:10 p.m.—Concurrent presentations and workshop
- Session 1: Research Paper Presentation: Health IT-I (Room 1060). Session chair: Mohammadreza Mousavizadeh.
- Session 2: Research Paper Presentation: Health IT-II (Room 2030). Session chair: Bernard Han.
- Session 3: Women in Technology Presentation (Putney Lecture Hall). Facilitators: Barbara Sagara and Carrie Song.
- Session 4: Power BI Demo: Workforce Analytics in Healthcare (Kirsch Auditorium). Facilitators: Tom Rienzo and Dan Miller.
- Seesion 5: Agile Project Management Workshop (Room 1040). Presenters: Gabrielle Haskins and Mei Lim. Facilitators: Kuanchin Chen and Anne-Marie Guidy-Oulai.
- 5:15 to 6:15 p.m.—Conference evening reception (Lobby)
Friday, November 3
- 7:15 to 7:55 a.m.—Continental breakfast and registration (Lobby)
- 8 to 8:15 a.m.—Welcome message (Kirsch Auditorium)
Satish Deshpande, Dean, Haworth College of Business, WMU
Earlie Washington, Dean, College of Health and Human Services, WMU
- 8:15 to 9:10 a.m.—Keynote presentation (Kirsch Auditorium)
"Cyber Threat and Response"
Joe Adams, Vice President for Research and Cyber Security, Merit Network
- 9:15 to 10:10 a.m.—Keynote presentation (Kirsch Auditorium)
"Confide in the Cloud: with Great Power Comes Great Shared Responsibility"
Brendan O'Connell, Cloud Security Evangelist, Cisco Systems
- 10:10 to 10:30 a.m.—Coffee break and networking (Lobby)
- 10:30 to 11:55 a.m.—Concurrent presentation and workshop sessions
- Session 1: Research Paper Presentation: Cyber Security (Room 2016)
- Session 2: Trends in Health Information Technology and Exchange–Creating Care-Connected Community (Kirsch Auditorium)
- Session 3: Power BI Demo: Workforce Analytics in Healthcare (Putney Lecture Hall)
- Session 4: Agile Project Management Workshop (Room 1040)
- Noon to 1:25 p.m.—Conference luncheon and special presentation (Banquet Room 1035)
"Innovative Information Security Education at Western Michigan University"
Alan Rea, Professor of Computer Information Systems, WMU
- 1:30 to 3 p.m.—Special presentations: academic and industry best practices (Kirsch Auditorium)
- Dan Cook, Special Agent, FBI Cyber Squad: "Threats and Trends Affecting Health Care"
- Joel Sundman, Cloud Technologies Manager, Whirlpool Corporation: "Cloud Considerations for IT Security"
- Mingsen Deng, Dean, Guizhou University of Finance and Economics, China: "Big Data Practice in Guizhou China and the Recent Development in Digital Economy"
- Carey Pachla, President of the Michigan Council of Women in Technology and President of Fast Switch: "Disruptive Innovation"
- 3 to 3:20 p.m.—Coffee break and networking (Lobby)
- 3:20 to 4:45 p.m.—Information and cyber security panel discussion session (Kirsch Auditorium)
- Moderator: Pairin Katerattanakul, Professor of BIS, WMU
- Dan Cook, Special Agent, FBI Cyber Squad
- Carey Pachla, President, Fast Switch
- Joel Sundman, Cloud Technologies Manager, Whirlpool
- Cindy Swiantek, Senior Vice President, Coaching Connection, Inc.
- Tom Wolf, CIO, WMU
- 4:45 to 5 p.m.—Closing remarks and raffle (Kirsch Auditorium)