Scanning services, located on the first floor of the University Computing Center, provides the University community with optical scanning services. Mark-sense forms for classroom exams, research data, surveys and evaluations are scanned and results generated and sent by email to wmich.edu accounts only. This service is provided as a drop-box service and walk-in requests are no longer accepted. The drop-box is located in the first floor lobby of University Computing Services. Questions may be directed to the below email address and/or phone number.
- Phone: (269) 387-3823
- Email: email@example.com
Please bring your filled out scanning request form with you.
Scantron mark-sense forms are available in each department. Contact the office coordinator of your department to obtain the forms you need.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Scanning requests should be turned in to the drop box located in the first floor lobby of the University Computing Center. Requests will be collected twice per day at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. for processing.
- An answer key must be provided for each form, with the correct responses filled in completely using a #2 pencil. Please include instructor name, course and section on the key in the lined areas designated on the side or bottom of the form.
- Scanning software cannot recognize multiple answers. There can only be one correct response per question.
- If you wish to have a question omitted, please leave that item blank on the answer key. Discourage students from marking a line across that question, or questions on their sheets. Lines must be erased when tests are processed.
- Remove unused forms before you submit your tests as they will receive a score of zero, thus lowering the class average.
- Answer sheets coded in ink will be returned to you to be scored by hand as the machine cannot read ink.
- If a multiple form test is to be processed for a single print out of scores, students must code the appropriate form letter (A, B, C or D) in the designated area at the top of the answer sheet. The keys must also be coded with the appropriate form letter.
- The timing mark areas on the left and top of the sheet should be free of any marks.
- Stress to students that the response bubbles should be completely filled in with a #2 pencil, using heavy black marks. Light marks, incomplete circles, ink or felt tip markers may not be used as they will not be read by the scanner. Erase cleanly any marks they wish to change, do not simply cross them out.
- Do not damage the forms with tears, folds, staples, white out, grease or holes as the machine will not read damaged sheets.