Before you connect
- Besides the wired jacks in each room, wireless is also available in individual rooms and public areas of all residence halls and in Western View Apartments.
- All University policies and procedures apply to the use of ResNet. There is an acceptable use policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act regarding downloading or sharing copyrighted material. Use of ResNet in violation of any University policy may result in student conduct charges.
- All computers being connected to WMUnet (Western's network) must have approved anti-virus software installed and all vendor-supplied security patches applied for the operating system. For student computers, WMU recommends and supports ClamXav for Macintosh and Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows computers.
- You must have your own Ethernet cable. They may be purchased at any electronics or computer store, or, at the WMU Bookstore.
- Routers, wireless access points, and combo router/access points may not be used.
Connecting your computer
- Locate your standard Ethernet cable.
- Locate the box on the wall that contains the phone and data jacks.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the data jack. Be sure it is seated firmly.
- Plug the other end into your computer.
- Turn on your computer and open a Web browser. You will be taken automatically to the registration page. Note: only register your own equipment.
- Read the user agreement and click Accept.
- Click Start next to Clients.
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password, a phone number at which you can be reached, and click Download.
Need more help?
- See the Help Desk website for hours
- Telephone: (269) 387-4357, option 1
- Username and password questions
- Internet access troubleshooting
- Internet set-up
- Software troubleshooting
Technical Computing Services
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Telephone: (269) 387-4357, option 2
- Jack repair
- Onsite troubleshooting