This policy sets forth the rules for using computer labs provided by the Office of Information Technology.
Users of University computer labs must be enrolled students, or currently employed faculty or staff members. WMU IDs are required. These rules apply to all users of information technology computing labs.
- Do not abuse the hardware, software, or lab personnel.
- Do not change any system, software or hardware settings or connections
- Do not play games, non-course related chat, or day trade. Computers are reserved for coursework.
- Only use your own authorized Bronco NetID and do not use one belonging to anyone else.
- Do not leave your computer for more than 15 minutes and be aware that if you do, it may be checked out to another.
- Follow all rules, regulations and guidelines set forth in the WMU student code of conduct and abide by all guidelines for ethical use of computers.
- Be courteous to those around you and maintain a library-like atmosphere.
- Be mindful of your per semester printing limit, and do not print multiple copies of any document.
- Do not print anything for non-academic use and do not put your own paper in any lab printer.
- Recycle any waste paper and clean up your work area before leaving.
All people using information technology computer labs must comply with these rules. Violators will first be issued a warning. If the rules are still not complied with, one may be asked to leave and may lose lab privileges and/or also incur monetary charges to one's WMU account. In addition, violators may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action as defined by current University policy.
Revised: June 2008