This policy establishes rules and procedures for accessing the pedestrian/vehicular drive from Wilbur Avenue to the UCC loading dock by way of the gated entrance.
The purpose of this policy is to minimize vehicle traffic during times when class is in session and there is high pedestrian traffic, while still maintaining disability and service accessibility. The gate will be in operation Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Bronco ID card access will be established for WMU employees who require daily and/or emergency work-related access, or handicap parking.
- Bronco ID card access will be established for non-WMU service personnel who have a Bronco ID card and require daily work-related access.
- IT operations staff will remotely allow vendor, disability, and Kanley Chapel access. When possible, prior notice for such access should be arranged by calling (269) 387-3821, and deliveries scheduled for hours that the gate is not in operation, i.e. prior to 7:30 a.m. or after 5:30 p.m.
- For anyone requesting remote access at the gate, IT operations shall state the following: "This is a restricted area with limited access and parking, what is your purpose for accessing this area?"
- Access will not be granted for non-essential drop-off and/or pick-up.
Amended: April 2015
Approved: Aug. 2012