Web Publishing for Faculty and Staff

Personal Web pages

Faculty and staff members may publish course and/or personal Web pages in their Bronco NetID Web space. Faculty members who require assistance with putting coursework online may contact the Faculty Technology Center on the second floor of the University Computing Center, phone (269) 387-6958.

Departmental Web pages

The University is in the midst of migrating into a content management system. Anyone looking to create a new official website for WMU should first contact web and electronic communications.


The recommended and supported product to create and manage Web sites at WMU is Dreamweaver*. This product may be purchased at an educational discount through the University. More info... 

*Because of the move into a CMS, check with web and electronic communications before purchasing Dreamweaver for a departmental website.

Another package that is very useful in working with, or creating images, is Adobe PhotoShop Elements. More info...

Free alternatives to Dreamweaver and Photoshop are:

  • GIMP (a Photoshop/Photoshop Elements alternative)
  • NVU (a Web editing software)