Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5223 USA
- Ph.D. candidate, English Literature, Western Michigan University
- M.A., Teaching English as a Second Language, the University of Arizona
- B.A., English Literature and Economics (double major), the College of William and Mary
- Speaking and listening
- Grammar, reading and writing
- Academic writing
- Business English
- Narrative theory
- Modern literature
- British literature 1790-1820
Thomas Marks has been with the Center for English Language and Culture for International Students at Western Michigan University since 1996. He started as a teacher, and became the interim director in July 2013.
His love for travel is what sparked his interest in teaching. He lived in Japan for five years teaching English, and has been to Hong Kong, Macau, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Nepal, Canada, Mexico, and Aruba. He has also lived in Ohio, Virginia, New York, New Mexico, and Arizona. His hobby is hiking in the Smoky Mountains and the Grand Canyon.
Recently, Marks has been teaching an academic writing class at the University of Tokyo every March. He also is in the Ph.D. program for English literature at Western Michigan University.