- B.A., Marketing, Western Michigan University, 2008
Annette Cummins joined the Haenicke Institute for Global Education in 2015 as a Budget Analyst and became the Business Manager in 2016. She is responsible for developing, monitoring, planning, and allocating budgets and accounting functions for the Institute and for working with the Institute’s directors and staff to assess budgetary needs.
Prior to joining the Haenicke Institute, Cummins spent nine years in the Department of Chemical and Paper Engineering, serving over 250 students, faculty and staff. In December of 2008, Cummins graduated from the Haworth College of Business with a degree in Marketing and she is currently in the process of applying to the MBA program at WMU.
As the business manager, Cummins' primary responsibilities include:
- Develops, monitors, plans, and allocates budget and accounting functions for the Haenicke Institute; researches and provides financial analysis on issues with financial implication
- Works with Director of Study Abroad and WMU faculty to design and explain study abroad budget process
- Evaluates and manages fiscal aspects of contract, budgets, and agreements, such as those for foreign universities, partners, leases and vendors
- Oversees the expense reimbursement process