Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5412 USA
- D.B.A., Information Systems, Cleveland State University
- M.S., Information Systems, University of Colorado
- B.B.A., Tunghai University
- Business analytics
- Project management
- Data mining
- Software development
- Electronic business
- Privacy and security
- Online behavioral issues
Dr. Kuanchin Chen is a professor of computer information systems at Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business.
Chen is an active researcher. He currently serves on the editorial or advisory boards of:
- Information Resources Management journal
- International Journal of Information Systems and Change Management
- Journal of Website Promotion
- Communications of the ICISA
- IGI Global (formerly Idea Group)
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications.
He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the Communications of ICISA journal, and the president of the association.
Chen has received the:
- WMU Emerging Scholar Award in 2008.
- Department of Business Information System's Teaching Award in 2011.
- U.S. Fulbright Scholar award in 2012 to further intellectual collaborations and cultural understanding between the U.S. and other countries.
- Outstanding research paper of the year in 2014 (The Internet Research journal).
- Best research award from the Haworth College of Business Best Research Award in 2015.
- Department of Business Information Systems Best Research Award in 2013, 2015 and 2017.
In 2017, he was named John W. Snyder Faculty Fellow, the first such award in the department's history.
Chen's recent book, Online Consumer Protection: Theories of Human Relativism, covers a wide spectrum of consumer privacy.
He has published numerous articles in journals and other academic publication outlets, including:
- Decision Support Systems
- Information & Management
- Information Systems Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics
- Journal of Global Information Management
- DATA BASE
- Journal of Database Management
- Internet Research
- Communications of the Association for Information Systems
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications
- Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education
He has also given more than 40 research presentations at several organizations and major conferences, including NASA Lewis Research Center, University of South Dakota, Western Michigan University, WMU IT Forum, Center of Excellence at Dakota State University, National Central University, National Cheng Kung University, and National Chung Cheng University.