Click here for most recent complete syllabus (.pdf format)
IME 2990 - Cooperative Education
A cooperative education program involves a full-time planned and supervised work experience in industry during the semester or the equivalent on a part-time basis. A written report of the student’s activities will be required. May be elected four semesters for a maximum of twelve semester credit hours. Must be taken on a credit/no credit basis.
Credits: 1 to 3 hours
Lecture Hours - Laboratory Hours: (Arr.)
Prerequisites by Topic:
- Student must be in good academic standing and be in a curriculum in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Student must have completed the sophomore year.
- Student must fill out Student Co-op Registration Card.
- Student must provide a job description from the employer, and have the work experience approved by the Cooperative Education Director.
- Student must submit a written evaluation of their performance from their immediate supervisor.
- Student must submit a report of their co-op experience upon completion. Instructions will be provided after course registration
- Students must complete an exit interview with the Cooperative Education Director, at the completion of the work semester.
Fred Sitkins, M.A.
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Western Michigan University
F-231 Parkview Campus
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008-5336
Revision Date: Spring 2009