Integrated Recreational Sport Activity Program
Seven programming features of this funded project
- Integrated Training Setting: Young adults with disabilities are the participants
and the young adults without disabilities are serving as the project trainers.
- Ecological-Based Program: The target sport and exercise activities for young adults with disabilities are determined by conducting the ecological survey.
- Self-Initiated Task Analysis: Each sport activity is adapted and analyzed into meaningful steps focusing on the self-initiation of the targeted sport activitiy.
- Individualized Instruction: Based on the task analyses, a young adult with a disability is trained to self-initiate sport activities in an individualized activity plan.
- Data-Based Activity Plans: Each self-initiated activity is assessed based on its self-initiated task analysis in each session for planning the next activity plan.
- Freely-Chosen Opportunity: Young adults will have freely-chosen opportunities to choose their favorite recreational sport and exercise activities to play.
- Integrated Group Activities: The last 15 minutes of each session is focused on playing a cooperative group game or team sport in integrated training setting.