PPM Section 11 -
Reduction in force definitions
- University seniorityAn employee's University Seniority
shall be defined as the length of continuous regular employment with the University since
the last hiring date.
- Essential open positionsThose positions authorized
by the divisional Vice President to be filled through temporary or permanent reassignment
during a reduction period, and which are not subject to the posting requirements of the Job
- Reduction in force unitCurrently, the University consists
of the following reduction in force units (RIFU):
Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
Vice President for Government Affairs/University Relations
Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Vice Provost for Academic Operations and CIO
Reduction in force units will be updated as needed to reflect changes in organizational structure
approved by the President and Board of Trustees.
- Vice President for Research
- Vice President for Business and Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Job title/pay gradeThe Staff Compensation System job
title or pay grade assigned to the position after it has been evaluated by Human Resources.