PPM Section 5 -
Payroll installment options and recording hours
Payroll installment options
Subject to type of appointment and bargaining unit contract, academic year faculty may be able
to select either an 18-pay period or 26-pay period. The Salary Election Option Form is available
Academic year non-bargaining employees may not elect to have their pay extended over additional
Recording hours worked
Basic policy is located in the Employee Handbook;
additional policy and procedure follow:
- No absence will be paid automatically. If the employee is eligible to be paid for the absence,
he/she must request this payment when reporting his/her time by noting the hours and type
of leave (e.g., bereavement leave, annual leave, sick leave, court required service, etc.).
Otherwise, the absence must be recorded as no-pay.
- Actual pay for sick and annual leave must not exceed the amount available in the employee's
- Whenever an employee is absent from regularly scheduled work hours, even if on annual leave,
sick leave, or no pay status, the time must be recorded and the employee shown as absent.
- Hours reported by employees must be verified by the supervisor or designee authorized to
approve departmental payroll records.
- Individual time reports must coincide with time reported in Kronos (or the current payroll
time reporting method). Do not sign an incorrect time report. Severe penalties, up to and
including discharge, can result from an employee submitting a false time report.
- Time reports are to be retained by the departments for at least three (3) years, and may
be inspected and audited by both University and non-University authorized personnel.