PPM Section 3 -
- All new hires to the University serve a six-month probationary period.
- An employee who transfers, promotes or demotes to a new position is also subject to a probationary
period of six months.
- During probation, management may release the employee with or without cause, and with or
without notice, at management's sole discretion.
- See the Probation Period section of the
Employee Handbook for more information.
Procedure probationary reports
The employee's immediate supervisor completes a Staff Compensation System Probationary Report
(P-313) at two months, four months, and six months after the employee begins the new job. The Probationary Report (P-313) form is available on the HR Forms page.
- Human Resource Services sends an email message to the employee's immediate supervisor approximately
two weeks before each Probationary Report is due.
- The email message contains the Web address for Probationary Reports and instructions for