PPM Section 3 -
New employee orientation
Policy is located in Employee Handbook. Procedure follows:
Procedure New employment online benefits orientation
- Human Resources sends an email to the new employee inviting them to participate in a new employee orientation session. The employee's supervisor is copied on this email. Supervisors must arrange for the new employee to attend this orientation session.
- For benefits eligible employees, Human Resources sends an email to the new employee with instructions for accessing and listening to the online benefits enrollment presentation via Benefits Enrollment.
- If an employee chooses, he or she may may view the online benefits enrollment presentation prior to their new employee orientation session and bring the completed benefits enrollment paperwork to the session where the forms will be reviewed by HR staff and any questions the new employee may have will be addressed.
- If not already completed, the supervisor should provide the employee with the time necessary to review the online benefits enrollment presentation during the first week of employment.
- If not completed at the weekly orientation session, a new employee should visit Human Resources to submit completed benefit enrollment forms. At that time, forms will be reviewed by HR staff and any questions the new employee may have will be addressed. No appointment is necessary.