PPM Section 3 - Employment practices: Pre-employment testing
- All candidates for positions which have physical and/or health related job requirements
are required to pass a pre-employment physical exam after a conditional offer of employment
is made. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the physical exam.
- After employment, employees holding positions that require a valid chauffeur's/commercial
motor vehicle license will be required to pass a physical examination and be certified as
qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle every twenty-four (24) months.
- Other University positions may require a physical exam or specific health tests as prescribed
by regulatory agencies.
Procedure pre-employment physical exams
- The hiring department notifies HR Services of the conditional offer of employment.
- HR Services will schedule the physical exam appointment date and notify the hiring agent
and the candidate.
- On the day of the appointment, the prospective employee reports to HR Services to secure
the physical form and proceeds to the Sindecuse Health Center.
- Upon completion of the exam, the Health Center will inform the individual of the results
and fax the Post-Offer, Pre-Placement Report of Physical Ability to Perform Requirements of
Position form to the Manager of HR Services. The completed physical exam form will be retained
by Sindecuse Health Center to protect patient confidentiality.
- HR Services will notify the hiring department of the Health Center's determination.