PPM Section 3 - Employment Practices: Pre-Employment Physical Exams
All candidates for positions which have physical and/or health related job requirements
are required to pass a pre-employment physical exam after a conditional offer of employment
is made. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the physical exam.
After employment, employees holding positions that require a valid chauffeur's/commercial
motor vehicle license will be required to pass a physical examination and be certified as
qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle every twenty-four (24) months.
Other University positions may require a physical exam or specific health tests as prescribed
by regulatory agencies.
- The hiring department notifies Human Resources of the conditional offer of employment.
- Human Resources will schedule the physical exam appointment date and notify the hiring agent
and the candidate.
- On the day of the appointment, the prospective employee reports to Human Resources to secure
the physical form and proceeds to the Sindecuse Health Center.
- Upon completion of the exam, the health center will inform the individual of the results
and fax the post-offer, pre-placement report of physical ability to perform requirements of
position form to Human Resources. The completed physical exam form will be retained
by Sindecuse Health Center to protect patient confidentiality.
- Human Resources will notify the hiring department of the health center's determination.