Policies and Procedures Manual Section 11
- University seniority—An employee's university seniority shall be defined as the length of continuous regular employment with Western Michigan University since the last hiring date.
- Essential open positions—Those positions authorized by the divisional vice president to be filled through temporary or permanent reassignment during a reduction period, and which are not subject to the posting requirements of the job opportunity program.
- Reduction in force unit—Currently, the University consists of the following reduction in force units:
— Vice president for development and alumni relations
— Vice president for diversity and inclusion
— Vice president for government affairs and university relations
— Vice president for legal affairs and general counsel
- Provost and vice president for academic affairs
— Vice provost for academic operations and chief information officer
- Vice president for research
- Vice president for business and finance and chief financial officer
- Vice president for student affairs
- Job title/pay grade—The staff compensation system job title or pay grade assigned to the position after it has been evaluated by Human Resources.