Western Michigan University is conducting a study of the staff compensation system for all professional, administrative, clerical and technical employees.
The compensation project team is comprised of campus representatives and is being led by consultants from Aon Hewitt.
The project has been divided into two phases. An overview of each phase is available via the links below.
- Administrative guidelines. For the most recent version of the SCS administrative guidelines please visit Staff Compensation System.
- Job evaluation matrix for Administrative and Clerical Support Positions.
- Job evaluation matrix for Marketing Positions.
- Job content tool.
- Job title guidelines.
- Job title groups.
- New grades and titles, effective July 1, 2015. For an updated list of Staff Compensation System grades and titles, please visit Staff Compensation System.
- Questions and answers about the compensation project.
- Questions and answers about the job content tool.
- Staff Compensation Project Update, May 2016 (Town Hall Meeting, May 10, 2016)
- Staff Compensation Study, May 2015 (Presentation by Aon Hewitt, May 19, 2015).
- Staff Compensation Study, November 2014 (Presentation by Aon Hewitt, Nov. 5, 2014).
- Staff Compensation Study: Western Michigan University, Project Plan Phase II.
- Staff Compensation System Pay Structure, Effective July 1, 2015.
- View video from the compensation project town hall meetings, including the May 19, 2015, presentation regarding details of the new system and the May 10, 2016, compensation project update meeting. A Bronco Net ID and password are required to access the video.
- Working title request form.