Staff Compensation System - HR responsibilities
Human Resources is responsible for the efficient and equitable
administration of the Staff Compensation System for all Western Michigan University professional,
administrative, clerical and technical employees.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing and updating the Staff Compensation System (SCS).
- Administering and updating SCS compensation policies and procedures.
- Researching and evaluating wage and salary data and trends.
- Conducting wage and salary surveys.
- Classifying newly created and existing positions.
- Administering job classification appeals process.
- Serving as an informational resource to the University community on compensation issues.
Western Michigan University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All pay decisions
must be consistent with the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.