Apartment Sign-Up

When to sign up

Apartments are assigned based on the date your application is received. Current apartment residents have priority to remain in their space.

  • Summer 2016:  Sign up starting 9 a.m. EST Jan. 12, 2016
  • Fall 2016:  Sign up starting 9 a.m. EST Jan. 12, 2016
  • Spring 2016:  Space is no longer available

How to sign up

Go to GoWMU and under the My Self Service section on the left choose the link "Residence Life Housing."

Lease and contract options

Elmwood, Goldsworth Valley and Stadium Drive

  • Summer (sessions I and II) – 4 month lease
  • Academic year (fall and spring) – 8 month lease
  • Spring only lease based on availability

Students with an academic year lease who do not return spring semester due to graduation, student teaching, studying abroad or leaving the university are not financially responsible for spring semester.  

Western View

  • 12-month contract beginning in late August

Residents sign an individual per-bedroom contract, which means that each roommate is financially responsible for his/her own portion of the rent. If a roommate transfers or moves out, it will not affect your apartment contract. Each resident is responsible for their portion of the utilities.


Assignments for new residents will be made approximately one month prior to the start of the semester for which you applied.  If an apartment is available, you will receive notification and payment details via your WMU email account.

Every effort is made to assign you to your first choice. However, the vacancy status at the time of assignment may necessitate assigning you to your second or third choice.

There is no application fee or penalty for not accepting an assignment.

Submitting an application does not guarantee an assignment.


Residence Life does not facilitate roommate matching for apartments. Students seeking roommates are encouraged to use various Web and social media sites to find a WMU student roommate.

Elmwood, Goldsworth Valley and Stadium Drive complexes

Students are able to request a roommate or co-ed apartment on the application.

Western View

At Western View, students can choose their own roommates.

  • One student will need to fill out an online application and include each roommate's name and Bronco NetID.
  • Roommates must then go online and accept the request to be a roommate. Any roommate who does not accept the request will not be offered a room. Requested roommates should already have submitted a Western View application.
  • If you do not have a roommate preference, you may be assigned to an apartment with other student residents of the same gender.
  • Co-ed apartments are assigned by request only.
  • Each apartment will be filled to maximum capacity.