Students majoring in WMU’s College of Fine Arts can opt to live in the Fine Arts House. Located in Draper/Siedschlag Hall, the community offers a great opportunity for those with a love of visual and performing arts to live together. The College of Fine Arts supports the community.
For students who are a part of the Lee Honors College, there is a Fine Arts–Honors option. Students who chose the honors option will have a roommate who is also in the Honors College.
- Residents are a mixture of art, dance, music and theatre majors.
- Past activities include Courtyard Acoustics, painting murals, attending area cultural events, and topics unique to fine arts majors like coping with audition results and body image for performers.
- Close location to Dalton Center, Gilmore Theatre Complex and Richmond Center for Visual Arts.
- The hall has two practice rooms and a visual arts room located on the floor, and a large studio in the basement with a dance floor and wall of mirrors.
- The hall has a carryout meal service for those busy days with rehearsals, recitals and more.
- Two Learning Community Assistants who are in the College of Fine Arts.
Should I sign up if I have not auditioned yet?
Yes. If you are scheduled to audition for the College of Fine Arts, you can still sign up for the Fine Arts House. If you are not offered a position within the college, we will use your hall preferences to assign you a room outside of the Fine Arts House.