Study in the States is a new summer program in the Lee Honors College offering educational opportunities that will take place outside the classroom. Except for the cost of tuition, expenses will be paid by the honors college. All trip descriptions, including dates, are included in the summer honors college course catalog.
The Texas Tour: Travel to Austin, Houston and San Antonio, Texas with Derrick McIver from management to study major corporations (May 2–9, 2015).
Metropolitan Metabolism: What Makes the Big Apple Sustainable?: Travel to New York City with Sarah Hill from anthropology and environmental and sustainability studies (Early May 2015)
Oshkosh AirVentures: Travel to OshKosh, Wis. with Terry Michmerhuizen from Aviation to attend the experimental air-show (July 20–26, 2015).
Entrepreneurship: Understanding Startup Communities: Travel to Austin, Texas and Boulder, Col. during spring break (March) with John Mueller from Management. Students will also visit Grand Rapids, Detroit and Chicago for day trips during the spring semester. (Feb 6 and 20, 2015, March 6–15, 2015)
Disney Pilgrimage: Travel with alumnus Christopher Tremblay, beginning in Chicago at the birthplace of Disney and ending in California at his gravesite to explore his legacy (July 7–15, 2015).
General education info
- Texas: Area V
- Garbage: Area VII
- Oshkosh: Area VII (pending approval)
- Entrepreneurship: Area V
- Disney: Area III
If you are interested in any of these courses
- Fill out the Study in the States application and turn it in to the Lee Honors College office by the date specified in the instructions.
- Following the due date, all applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- At the interview you will sign a release form for a student conduct background check.
- When the application process is complete and in order (application, interest statement, interview, background check), the honors college will register you for the trip.
- We will create waiting lists for each trip—if a registered student has to withdraw from the class, we will go to the wait list and register another student.