To graduate from the Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University, students must:
- Complete all requirements as detailed in their original acceptance letter
- Complete and submit the following by the stated deadlines:
- Thesis declaration form
- Thesis defense certificate request form
- Graduation audit with an honors college advisor
- RSVP survey emailed to your wmich.edu account within one month of graduation. To be listed in the graduation program you must submit your RSVP at least one week prior to the graduation ceremony.
- Final approved honors thesis and supporting documentation as outlined in the thesis defense packet. Thesis must be submitted electronically to Jennifer Townsend, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30 days after commencement.
The Lee Honors College Graduation ceremony is a celebratory event held on the Friday evening prior to Western Michigan University’s fall and spring commencement ceremonies. Summer graduates may participate in the spring honors college ceremony. Business attire is appropriate; regalia should not be worn to the honors college ceremony. During the ceremony you will receive your honors college cords and graduation certificate. The cording ceremony is a special part of the Lee Honors College graduation during which you may recognize someone who has significantly contributed to your success at WMU by asking him or her to be your corder. Your corder comes forward during the ceremony to place honors cords on you. The honors college graduation generally begins with a 5 p.m. reception, followed at 5:30 p.m. by the formal ceremony.
Ceremony information for families and friends
We hope you will join us in celebrating your graduate’s success. Important parking information and directions to the ceremony will be provided to each graduate after they RSVP for the graduation ceremony. If you have any questions that were not answered in the RSVP information, please contact our graduation coordinator, Ashleigh Watson, at email@example.com or (269) 387-3230. We look forward to seeing you there!