The mission of the integrative holistic health and wellness program at Western Michigan University is to cultivate the inter-connective relationships of individuals' body, mind and spirit to positively enhance personal, professional, community and global health.
- To increase students' knowledge regarding holistic health practices and theory.
- To develop skills that will positively enhance personal, community and global health and wellness.
- To cultivate awareness of the interconnection between body, mind, spirit and community in order to affect attitudinal change regarding health and wellness.
- To ensure that students have the ability to apply the knowledge, skills and awareness of holistic health and wellness in their personal and professional lives.
- To promote sensitivity to the issues of diversity and multiculturalism within the continuum of individual and global health and wellness.