Student Technician Job Description
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting students, faculty and staff with various technologies supported by the Office of Information Technology.
- Assist with network registration and troubleshooting both wireless and wired network connections.
- Remove various types of malware from personal computers of students, faculty and staff.
- Troubleshoot Bronco NetID and login issues.
- Provide support via a variety of methods including walk-in, telephone and email.
- Understanding of networking, software and operating system basics.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktop computers and laptops.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have at least one full year of classes left.
Qualified? Bring your résumé and student application to the help desk on the second floor of the University Computing Center