If you are running any version of Norton or Symantec AntiVirus, you must uninstall it before installing Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac. An uninstaller program is included in the Symantec download.
- Download the Symantec uninstaller from the GoWMU Software Downloads channel.
- The downloaded file is a .tgz file. If it does not open automatically, double-click it to unarchive it.
- Open the unarchived SEP11MacUninstaller folder and double click the Symantec Uninstaller program. (The icon has a yellow arrow pointing up)
- The uninstaller will display currently installed Norton and Symantec anti-virus products. Check the box in the delete column and click the Uninstall button to remove old versions of Norton and Symantec.
- The Symantec Uninstaller will show a list of all programs to delete. Click Uninstall again to continue.
- The Uninstaller will prompt you to enter your computer password. (This is NOT your Bronco NetID password)
- When finished a report of what was deleted will be displayed, click Close to continue and you will be asked to restart your computer. Click the Restart button to finish the uninstall.
- After you have restarted, you may now install the latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection from the GoWMU Software Downloads channel.