Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4
(For Macintosh OS X 10.7.x, Lion, 10.8.x, Mountain Lion and 10.9.x, Mavericks)
Please print and read the instructions below before you attempt to install the software. This procedure should be scheduled during Help Desk hours in case you need assistance. Previous versions of Symantec or any other anti-virus software must be removed before this software is installed.
- Mac OSX 10.7, Mac OSX 10.8 and Mac OSX 10.9 require 2GB RAM
- 500 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate
Installing Over Previous Versions
- If you are running any version of Norton or Symantec AntiVirus, you must uninstall it before installing Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac. An uninstaller program is available in the Software Downloads channel on GoWMU.
- Do not install or run Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 for Mac from a UFS formatted disk or from a Case-Sensitive HFS+formatted disk. You can view information about the format of your disk from the Disk Utility Program located in the Utilities folder.
- Click Download from the GoWMU Software Downloads channel. Download the SEP version appropriate for your computer. See System Requirements above.
- A .dmg file is downloaded. If it does not open automatically, double-click the file to open it. Then double-click the Symantec Endpoint Protection.pkg file to launch the installer.
- The installer will check to make sure your computer meets the system requirements for installing Symantec AntiVirus. Select Continue on the Welcome/Introduction screen to start requirements check.
- After reading the License agreement, click Continue. When the pop-up window appears, select Agree to continue the installation.
- Select Install on the Installation Type screen to continue.
- Enter your Mac computer password (this is not your Bronco NetID) and click the Install Software button.
- A dialog warning you that your computer will be logged out after the install is completed will appear, click the Continue Installation button to start the install process.
- Click Log Out on the Summary screen to complete installation. Open applications will automatically close. When the account is logged back in, Symantec Endpoint Protection will be running and LiveUpdate will automatically update the definitions. This will take a few minutes and a Summary screen will appear when finished.
- Now, visit Using Antivirus Software for instructions on setting up a weekly scan and scheduling definition updates with LiveUpdate.