Symantec Endpoint Protection 11
(For Macintosh OS 10.4, Tiger, 10.5, Leopard, and 10.6, Snow Leopard)
Please print and read the instructions below before you attempt to install the software. This procedure should be scheduled during Help Desk hours in case you need assistance. Previous versions of Symantec or any other anti-virus software must be removed before this software is installed.
- PowerPC technology-based Mac running Mac OSX 10.4-10.5x
- Intel-based Mac running Mac OSX 10.4-10.6
- 256 MB of RAM (512 recommended) for 10.4; 512 MB for 10.5.x; 1 GB for 10.6.x
- 250 MB of available hard disk space for installation
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate
Installing Over Previous Versions
- If you are running any version of Norton or Symantec AntiVirus, you must uninstall it before installing Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac.
- Do not install or run Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 for Mac from a UFS formatted disk.
- Do not install or run Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 for Mac from a Case-Sensitive HFS+formatted disk.
- Click Download from the GoWMU Software Downloads channel.
- The downloaded file is a .zip file. If it does not open automatically, double-click it to unzip it. Double-click the unarchived Symantec Endpoint Protection.mpk file to launch the installer.
- The installer will check to make sure that your computer has the proper requirements to install Symantec AntiVirus. Select Continue to start requirements check.
- After the requirements check is completed, click Continue to start the installation.
- After reading the read me file, click Continue.
- After reading the License agreement, click Continue. When the pop-up window appears, select Agree to continue the installation.
- Select Unmanaged (there is no managed client available) and click Continue.
- Select the destination – the default destination should be fine. Click Continue.
- Select Install.
- When asked, enter your computer username and password then select OK. NOTE: this is the computer password, NOT your BroncoNet ID and password.
- After the password has been entered, the window below will appear. Clicking Continue Installation will close all other open and running applications. It also warns of the need to log out after the installation is completed. Saving any open work is important at this step.
- The program installation will start.
- Click Log Out to complete installation. When the computer is logged back in, Symantec Endpoint Protection will be running.
- Now, see Using Antivirus Software for instructions on setting up a weekly scan.