Do not delete the TrueCrypt container or lose your password. If you do, the files you have placed in the container can never be opened again.
- Open TrueCrypt by double-clicking the blue TrueCrypt icon in your Applications folder.
- Select an open slot from the list shown.
- Click Select file.
- In the file selector, browse to the TrueCrypt container file, single-click it, and then click Open.
- In the main TrueCrypt window, click Mount.
- Enter your password in the Password box and click OK. You should then access your TrueCrypt container.
- The TrueCrypt container is entirely encrypted, including file names, folders, free space, etc. You can save, copy, or move files to this container and they will be encrypted on the fly as they are being written. If you open a file stored in a TrueCrypt container, the file will be automatically decrypted. You may also browse to the container the way you normally browse to any hard drive or USB key.
- To lock the container and make it inaccessible without the password, select it from the list of containers and click Dismount.
Adding volumes as favorites
- Open the TrueCrypt application.
- Mount the TrueCrypt volume.
- Select the Favorites menu in the menu bar and click Add selected volume to favorites.
- In the Favorite Volumes window, select the volume you would like to add as a favorite and click OK.
- You can now mount your favorite volume from the Favorites drop-down menu.