ClamXav is a free virus scanner for Mac OS X. It uses the very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine and has the ability to detect both Windows and Mac threats.
- Download ClamXav.
- Once the installer (.dmg) is opened, click and hold the mouse on the ClamXav icon and drag it to the Applications folder.
- After it has finished copying, double-click the Applications folder, scroll to ClamXav in the Applications window and double-click the ClamXav icon.
- You will be prompted to install the Clam Anti-Virus engine. Click Install to begin.
- This will bring up the installer. Click Continue to start.
- Read the license and click Continue. A drop-down box appears. Select Agree to continue.
- Select the drive you would like to install ClamXav on (typically Macintosh HD) and click Continue.
- Click Install to install the Clamx Anti-Virus engine.
- After opening, select OK to the warranty notice.
- Select Update Now to get the latest virus definitions and you will have successfully installed ClamXav.
If you need assistance, please contact the Help Desk at (269) 387-4357 (387-HELP), option 1.