You may create as many signatures as you need. As you create and name them, they will show up in the Accounts area where you may select them, and/or choose one to be your default signature.
- Click Signatures in the Preferences overview pane.
- Select New Signature, and give the signature a name and create the text you want displayed and click Save.
- By default, you signature will be appended at the bottom of the included messages. To change that, so your signature appends immediately below your message, check the Place the signature above included messages button.
- To use a signature other than your default signature, choose it from the drop-down signature menu in the tool bar.
Adding an image to your signature
Note: Windows 7 and OSX users may have problems adding an image, which requires setting compose preferences to As HTML. If you do, you should reset your compose preferences to As Text.
If you use HTML to format your signature, you can add links and images, such as the WMU "W", to your signature.
- Follow the instructions in step 1 above, however select Format as HTML.
- In the Signatures text box, enter the signature information exactly as you want it to appear in your message. Using HTML, you may select from fonts, size, and color for text, as well as add links and images.
- University relations has made the official block W available in three sizes, small (50 px), medium (70 px) and large (100 px). These images may be downloaded to your computer and then used in your signature file. Once you have saved the image you desire, click the image icon on the right to browse to the location of the image on your computer.
- You may also create an image file of your signature and insert that file as your signature.
- Give the signature a name and click Save when finished.