An address book is where contact information is stored. By default, a Contacts and an Emailed Contacts address book are created in Address Book. You can create additional address books and share them with others and you can also create group contact lists.
Types of address books
Two types of address books are supported in Webmail Plus.
- Personal address books, which consist of contacts that you maintain.
- Emailed Contacts is populated when you send an email to an address not already in one of your address books.
- Contacts is populated by you adding your own contacts and contact groups.
- Global Address List is tied to WMU's enterprise director and cannot be edited by you.
Creating a new address book
- Click the Address Book tab.
- Click the New drop-down menu.
- Select Address Book.
- The Create New Address Book form opens.
- Enter a Name and choose a Color.
- Select where to place the new folder and click OK.
Adding contacts to address books
- Right-click a name in a message header, choose Add to Contacts and click Save.
- Click the New drop-down menu and select Contacts. Fill out the contact form and click Save.
Creating contact group lists
You can select contacts from the Global Address List, from any of your address books, or enter them in manually.
- Select the address book you want to create the group list in.
- Click New and select New Contact Group.
- In the New Contact Group form that opens, enter a Group Name and Add Members to this Group.
- When finished click Save.