About the Peace Corps Health Preparatory Minor
Ready for your global adventure? Take the first step with the Peace Corps Health Preparatory minor, a partnership between Western Michigan University and the U.S. Peace Corps to prepare undergraduates for global service. The minor is available to any WMU undergraduate student. In the Peace Corps Health Preparatory program you will:
- Engage in undergraduate academic coursework and service-learning field experiences that emphasize community engagement and public service.
- Achieve the essential skills and personal profile to excel in global service activities.
- Prepare for the Peace Corps application process.
- Develop competitive, long-term career skills.
- Engage in your community at home and abroad.
Broncos in the Peace Corps
Currently, 13 WMU students are serving in the Peace Corps in locations like Dominican Republic, Ghana, Indonesia and Lesotho. They're working in the fields of agriculture, education and health, to name just a few. In total nearly 300 WMU students have given time to the Peace Corps.
Contact program advisor, Jill Rowe, for more information.