Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse our website, download information, and read the pages, we automatically collect certain information about your visit. Other than as described below, we do not collect any information about you. Western Michigan University will not voluntarily release any information that is collected.
Western Michigan University Suicide Prevention Program is required, as a recipient of SAMHSA’s Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act (2004) Campus Suicide Prevention Grant, to provide aggregate data as part of a Cross-site Evaluation on all program activities.
The following information will be collected:
- The internet domain and IP address you use to access our site
- The browser and operating system you use to view our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit and time you spend viewing them
- The address of the site you linked to our site from, if relevant
This information will be used in order to make our website more useful to visitors. By collecting information about the number of visitors and the technology they use to access our site, we can make improvements on our site. We do not track or record information about individuals who visit our site.
If you send us personal information
If you choose to email us, your information will still remain private. We will use the information you provide us in order to address your concerns, answer your questions, or respond for greater clarification. Please know that:
- Your information will not be shared with any individuals not on the staff of Western Michigan University without your permission.
- Your email address will not be used for electronic mailing lists or solicitation of any type.
- Any material included in your email will not be linked to the information listed above that is automatically collected. We have no way of knowing any information about you other than that which you choose to provide.
Links to other sites
The Western Michigan University Suicide Prevention Program develops and maintains this website as a service to students, faculty, staff, and families of students. By using our website, you are agreeing to comply with the following terms.
- This site is not a substitute for professional assistance. While this site is intended to be a useful forum for individuals interested in or concerned with suicide
prevention, all materials are for informational purposes only. A qualified physician or mental health care provider must be consulted for specific treatment recommendations or diagnoses.
- Links to other websites are not endorsements. While we make every effort to ensure that any websites with links on our pages are reliable and accurate, no other websites are under our control, nor are we responsible for their content. A link does not imply affiliation with the other website. You are responsible for considering the information provided by other websites.
- Limits of Liability. Your use of information contained on our website is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any damages resulting from use or misuse of our website. Western Michigan University makes no representation or warranties regard the fitness or efficacy of the information supplied in this website with regard to specific situations or individuals.
- Jurisdiction. This website is controlled and operated by Western Michigan University Suicide Prevention program from its office in Kalamazoo, Michigan. By using this site, you agree that any claims related to or arising from use of this site will be controlled by Michigan law without regard to choice of law provisions.
- Indemnity. You are solely responsible for any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, and settlements resulting from your use of the information on this website. Western Michigan University and any affiliated staff will not be held responsible for your misuse of our website.