GSAC

GSAC

Registered Student Organizations/Funding

RSOs are organizations formed by students, both Graduate Student Organizations as well as mixed Organizations. RSO's have the privilege of accessing funds for different activities which are of interest to their members and the general university community. These funds are administered by the Graduate Financial Allocation Committee (GFAC), a standing sub-committee of GSAC. GFAC handles financial matters brought before GSAC, including developing and managing the GSAC budget, and providing recommendations to GSAC regarding allocation of graduate Student Activity Fee (SAF) funds to Registered Student Organizations (RSO).

All application materials must be turned in ONE WEEK prior to the monthly GFAC meeting before 5:00pm in order to be considered at that meeting. All late applications will not be considered until the following month's meeting, REGARDLESS of the date of the event for which the organization is seeking funding. In addition, all RSOs applying for funding have to attend to at least one financial workshop. Spring 2014 Financial Workshops.

Organizations applying for funding MUST send a representative to the monthly GFAC meeting. Failure to do so will result in the proposal being tabled until the following month's meeting.

RSOs seeking funding must read all funding guidelines in detail. Proposals that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered for funding without revisions.

Proposals must be submitted electronically to: gfac_info@wmich.edu.

Please send another email to inquire if your request was received or not. If you do not receive an email confirmation within two days, then your request might have not been received. It is your responsibility to check if your request was received or not.

Funding Guidelines
Funds Request Form
RSO Event Self-Evaluation Form (to be completed after event)
GSAC Travel and Reimbursement Contract
Download GSAC Logo (tiff jpeg)


Please refer to the Meetings/Minutes page for information on when the next GFAC Meeting will take place.


RSO's Financial Managers Workshop Date and Time

Workshop Dates & Times:

RSO Orientation/Financial Workshop Summer II 2014:

 

Day Date Time Location
Monday 7/14/2014 11:00am-12:30pm Room 210, Bernhard Center
Wednesday 7/16/2014 3:00-4:30pm Brown and Gold, Bernhard Center

 

What will be covered:

  • Financial forms & paperwork
  • How to check account balance online
  • University account policies & procedures

Please RSVP indicating which workshop you wish to attend by email or phone (more information).

Terri Reimland
terri.reimland@wmich.edu
(269) 387-2119


Thank you to those who submitted applications for funding during the 2012-2013 academic year! We look forward to many more RSOs applying for funding from GFAC in the 2013-2014 academic year!

Each graduate student that is included in the “Main Campus Only” Census Data reported by Institutional Research is charged the following amounts for the Student Assessment Fees.

$26.00-Fall and Spring Semester and $13.00 for Summer I and II are collected and distributed in the following fashion:

10% of the Graduate Student Assessment Fee (GSAF) is distributed to RSO General Services to Leadership and Life Skills. Of the remaining 90% of the GSAF, 17.31% of the funds are distributed to the Student Media Group. 78.56% of the funds are distributed to the Graduate Student Advisory Committee (GSAC) and the final 4.13% of the remaining funds are distrib­uted to the Campus Activities Board (CAB).
An additional $8.00-Fall and Spring Semester and $4.00 for Summer I and II are earmarked for the Office of Sustainability.



Western Michigan University Seal
Your voice at Western Michigan University



260 W. Walwood Hall, Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5242
Phone: 269.387.8207 Fax: 269.387.8232
Content of this site subject to disclaimer. � 2013 Graduate Student Advisory Committee, W.M.U.
Please read our privacy statement.
For questions or comments about this site, contact web manager.

 

Graduate Student Advisory Committee
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49001-5242 USA
(269) 387-8207 | (269) 387-8232 Fax
gsac@wmich.edu