Experience Grand Rapids
WMU-Grand Rapids has two locations—the Beltline location on the east side of the city, surrounded by commercial and retail outlets; and the Downtown location, in the heart of a bustling, vital downtown.
The second largest city in Michigan, Grand Rapids is a wonderful place to live, work and visit. With fine dining and cocktails along with much more casual fare, it offers a variety of bars and restaurants to please just about everyone.
Grand Rapids is home to minor league affiliates of the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers. And with attractions like the Grand Rapids Children's Museum, Grand Rapids Art Museum and John Ball Zoo, it's a great place to bring the family.
Things to do
- Experience Grand Rapids offers listings of hotels, restaurants and things to do around town.
- Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. offers its own listings of things to do as well as a handy map of downtown parking.
- ArtPrize is an annual event that showcases artists from across the country and around the world.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Van Andel Arena offer a variety of concerts and programs throughout the year.
- USA Today has listed Grand Rapids as the Best Beer Town in the nation.
As a WMU student, you're welcome to take advantage of special rates at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown. (Just let them know you're a WMU student for special rates.) Other convenient hotels to consider include: