This one-day conference is designed to provide education, resources and networking opportunities on student learning outcomes assessment topics for all WMU faculty, graduate teaching assistants, part-time instructors, and staff.
For more information please visit: http://www.wmich.edu/assessment/assessment/assessment-day-2015.html
Presenter: Dr. Marianne Di Pierro, Director, Graduate Center for Research & Retention, Graduate College
Date: Monday, April 6, 2015
Time: 1 to 3 p.m.
Location: Walwood Commons, Walwood Hall
Objectives: Attendees will learn how to:
• Follow Directions
• Understand respective application requirements
• Ensure that they have prepared a competitive proposal
• Include critical components of good writing
• Avoid common mistakes in proposal development
Registration required at the following link: https://questionpro.com/t/AJbMIZR1wS
Presenter: Dr. Judy Swisher, Professor, Department of Financial and Commercial Law, HCOB
Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Location: Dean's Conference Room: Room 2150 Haworth College of Business
Presenter: Dr. Marianne Di Pierro, Director, Graduate Center for Research & Retention
Date: Thursday, April 9, 2015
Time: Noon to 1 p.m.
Location: Emeriti Lounge, second floor, Walwood Hall
• To cultivate a "culture of mentoring" and support for WMU graduate students
• To sustain students in their journeys to graduate degree completion
• To foster a supportive, encouraging environment for student success
• To help students network with each other and form strong professional alliances
• To acquaint students with resources (faculty, staff, administrators) and other opportunities that cultivate a holistic learning experience
Registration required at the following link: https://questionpro.com/t/AJbMIZR1to
Date: Monday, July 13 to Friday, July 17
Location: Sangren Hall.
The Graduate Student Teaching Intensive is a five-day professional development program that helps graduate students assess their teaching practices, refine teaching and learning approaches and improve communication for diverse learners.
Please visit the following link for more information and registration instructions: http://wmich.edu/facultydevelopment/graduate/teachingintensive