The information is intended to guide you in completing your degree requirements. It is not intended to substitute for departmental advising! See your departmental advisor to confirm that you have met all the following requirements and to determine what additional departmental requirements may exist.
- Information and forms located at the Office of the University Registrar
- Check first with your department to see if they or your college uses a specific Program of Study form.
- General WMU information about Commencement
Steps towards graduation
- A program of study (also known as the Graduate Student Permanent Program) must be filed in the Records/Registrar's Office. Please make sure your department has forwarded the original program and any updates to Mail Stop 5256. Please do not turn your Permanent Program of Study in to the Graduate College.
- Apply for graduation by the stated deadline. Earlier submission up to one year before your planned graduation date is strongly encouraged; you may change your graduation date at any point after the audit without paying an additional application fee.
- April graduation deadline: Dec. 1
- June graduation deadline: Feb. 1
- August graduation deadline: Feb. 1
- December graduation deadline: Aug. 1
- Any incomplete grades must be removed.
- All graduation requirements must be completed within 30 days after date of commencement.
If graduation requirements are not completed by the deadlines, you must change your graduation date by contacting the Office of Graduation Auditing at (269) 387-4300.