Within the online application system, applicants must provide general information (including educational history details), as well as the following specific program requirements.

Applicants must also request official transcripts, and any required graduate test and/or language proficiency official scores, be sent to WMU.

Application deadlines

For Fall semester: May 30

Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)

A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required; please submit within the online application system.

Graduate test

This program does not require a graduate test.

Note: International applicants may have to provide evidence of English language proficiency. More information can be found within the online application.


This program requires three recommendations. Please send email requests for such recommendations from within the online system.

Written statement

Please prepare a statement which covers the following information, and attach it within the online application:

Please explain why you want to obtain a Master's of Science in Nursing degree from Western Michigan University Bronson School of Nursing at this time in your life. What is the motivating factor(s) behind your decision? Finally, please include short and long-term nursing career goals. Your statement should be between 500-1,000 words and follow APA 6th edition writing style.

Previous written work

This program does not require any previous written work be submitted.

Other program materials

Attach a copy of your Nursing License.

Additional information

If you have any questions, please review the website below for program and contact information.

Bronson School of Nursing — College of Health and Human Services

A graphic that looks like a beveled rectangular button with Start or Continue Your Application in big whit letters with a drop-shadow that makes the text pop out from the background

Official Transcript Requirement

**This degree program requires that applicants submit official transcripts from every institution of higher education attended. These documents should be sent to the Office of Admissions.