Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5346 USA
- Ph.D., Washington University-St. Louis, 1992
- Comparative and European politics
- Comparative public policy
- International relations
- Comparative public policies
- German federalism
- Welfare state institutions of advanced industrial societies in Europe
Dr. Gunther Hega is an affiliated faculty member of the global and international studies program and is an associate professor of political science at Western Michigan University.
His publications include:
- Consensus Democracy in Switzerland (Peter Lang Publishers, 1998)
- Several articles on the welfare state, education policy and federalism in journals such as German Policy Studies/Politikfeldanalyse, Regional & Federal Studies, Compare (A Journal of Comparative Education) and the Journal of Studies in International Education.
Hega is writing a book about the reform of the education systems in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.