Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5334
- Ph.D., University of Venice, 2001
- Medieval Venice and early medieval Italy
- Perception of war and violence (including perception of the “others”), writing history, uses of the past, relations between Christians and Muslims, identity, and historiography
Dr. Luigi Berto is a Associate Professor of medieval history and an affiliated faculty member of the global and international studies program at Western Michigan University.
Courses he teaches include:
- History 1010: Modern Western World
- History 3015: History and Cinema
- History 3020: World History to 1500
- History 4495: Colonialism and Protest in Film
- History 4495: Christians and Muslims in the Middle Ages
- History 6120: Making History in the Early Middle Ages
- History 6120: Cultural History of Medieval Italy
- History 6820: Medieval and Renaissance Venice
- History 6820: “Francia” and Italy in the Early Middle Ages
He advises graduate students in medieval history and medieval studies interested in medieval Italy and the Mediterranean.
Full listing of publications as of 2016.