Michigan Geological Survey with its long history of geologic research in Michigan is housed in the Department of Geosciences at Western Michigan University. The survey facilitates research to promote the wise use of natural resources while serving the general public through quality research, invaluable expertise and historic data repository.
- Michigan Geological Survey Annual Report 2014
- Testimony in support of H.R. 5066
- Comprehensive GIS website of Michigan Geological Survey
- Resource centers
- Michigan Geological Survey Geoplatform
- Physiographic Map of Michigan
Visit our MGS store to purchase reports, maps, data and other documents, including historical documents and recent publications. The extent and availability of maps can be viewed using MGS Geoplatform application.
Director of the survey explains the importance of soil identification and use of consistent terminologies for water well drillers at Michigan Ground Water Association conference in Battle Creek, Michigan. Watch the video.