Located on the first floor of Rood Hall in the Department of Geosciences at Western Michigan University, the Lloyd J. Schmaltz Geology and Mineral Museum displays an impressive collection of rocks, minerals and fossils from Michigan and throughout the world.
The museum includes:
- A collection of fossil shark teeth
- The James Duncan mineral collection
- A Michigan copper boulder
- An Ultraviolet fluorescent display
- Mastodon fossils Van Buren County
- World class fossil and mineral specimens
Visit the museum
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors are asked to be considerate of classes in session in the building.
Parking: The parking lot near Rood Hall is only for permitted vehicles. For parking information, please visit Parking Services.
More information: Contact Tom Howe.