Transfer Student Services
Upon your admission, you can start learning more about WMU! Check out the online resource “Transfer and Graduate Student Orientation Modules.” This tool is a series of eight online modules that cover important topics like University structure, WMU ID, academic advising, parking, financial aid, writing center, computer center, recreation, graduate programs, the Kalamazoo community, and more.
You can log into the modules at any time day or night and as often as you like.
To get started, follow these instructions:
- Log into GoWMU
- Click on the E-learning Button at the top of the page
- Look for the link “Transfer and Graduate Student Orientation Modules”
- Click on the link and get started
The Transfer Student Services utilizes a student-centered approach which empowers students in their successful transition to Western Michigan University by developing collaborative efforts to effectively enhance the academic success of the transfer student population.
- Act as an advocate for transfer students to resolve issues once usual procedures have been exhausted.
- Indentify institutional practices, policies and procedures that may negatively impact student success. Develop and implement workable solutions to meet the unique needs of the transfer student population.
- Create collaborative university networks that identify and connect the academic, administrative and necessary support services for the transfer student population.
- Represent WMU in the role of advocate in developing relationships with Michigan community colleges.
Serving Transfer Students
- Transfer Student Services provides information and direction for students seeking admission, including contact information and Web resources, as well as continuing support services for the transfer student population.
- Transfer Student Services works with other WMU offices such as Student Activities and Leadership Programs, Residence Life and the Office of Admissions to present events for students new to WMU.
- We work to identify and resolve institutional practices and policies that impact transfer students through ongoing relationships with the administration of Western Michigan University and its network of support.
Special Events and Activities
- Transfer Transition Program
- Fall Welcome Transfer Express
- Spring Orientation
- Reverse Transfer Agreements