What will you learn at Orientation?
The New Student Orientation Program includes:
- First-Year Experience
- Lee Honors College
- Multicultural Affairs
- Department of Public Safety
- Academic Skills Center
- Sindecuse Health Center
- Student Activities & Leadership Programs
- Financial Aid
- Residence Life/Dining Services
- WMU Bookstore
- Office of Information Technology
What will happen:
- Course Advising and Registration
During your Orientation session, you will receive information regarding the academic curricula and advising from your academic college advisor. You will be assisted with class registration. In order to view class options, and to prepare you for your advising session and class registration, you can view the online catalog at http://catalog.wmich.edu. You will leave Orientation with a full schedule for the Fall semester.
- Presentations and displays highlighting the various services and programs at Western Michigan University.
- Personal campus tours led by our fun, energetic Orientation Leaders
- You will get your Bronco ID card
- A University Showcase highlighting the services and programs Western has to offer.
- An award winning cabaret show dramatizing common themes from the first year of college.
- The reading placement test for students wishing to take it (check registration confirmation)
For a full schedule of events please refer to our schedule page.